The interior lakes and rivers of British Columbia provide a wide variety of fresh water diving opportunities.
On this page we offer information on some of the sites.
Water temperatures vary from season to season and altitude. The best visibilty is during the winter months - it's just cold!
Okanagan Lake is approximately 341M/1000ft above sea level and for dive depth and time limitaions we use SEA LEVEL calculations. The lake is approximately 232m/780ft at it's deepest.
Suncruiser Magazine provides dive site information for both Okanagan Lake and Shuswap Lake. A great publication "Diving Britsh Columbia Lakes and Rivers" by Bill Hall offers great information on many sites throughout the interior.
Canada "Fisheries and Ocean' Hydrographic Charts"are available for Okanagan Lake
Chart # 3052 and Shuswap Lake - Chart #3053.
"USE A DIVE FLAG at ALL TIMES"
- Pavilion Lake This Heritage site is known for it's rare fresh water formations called Stromatolites. NASA and the... View This Region
- Okanagan Lake Lake Okanagan is situated 344 meters above Sea Level and is part of the Okanagan Valley... View This Region
- Johnson Lake Known as the "Carribean of the North" this spring fed lake provides some of the clearest... View This Region
- Skaha Lake Located south of Penticton and connected to Okanagan Lake by a channel the lake has numerous... View This Region
- Shuswap Lake Shuswap Lake is located 347m (1,138ft) above sea level, its maximum depth is 161.5m (530ft). The... View This Region
- Slocan Lake Slocan Lake sits in the middle of the Selkirk Range between Kootenay Lake and the Arrow... View This Region
- Kettle River This dive site is located on the Kettle River. From Rock Creek, take Highway33 North towards... View This Region